I think like most other anglers, I was first introduced to the world of fishing by my dad. I have strong memories of my first time fishing, with a brand new shiny rod and reel, catching a few Bream from the local Jetty. I think I was 5 years old at the time and have been addicted ever since.
Fishing for me is all about learning new things and pushing myself to achieve goals by putting in hours of preparation, research and thought. Taking in all the fish less trips, the fails and putting it all together to come up trumps. There is no better feeling once you catch that fish you had been chasing for a long time. That's what continues my passion for fishing!
I love the competitive aspect of fishing tournaments, it drives me to become a better angler and better my results. It means that I often look at Tournaments like any other sport and I make sure that I prepare, practise and am mentally in the zone during the lead up to an event. Then come game day and it is just me versus the fish and I absolutely love it!
One of my greatest achievements to date has been the birth of my son earlier this year. I am literally counting down the days until I can get him out fishing, in the same way that my dad took me.
Best Tournament Results
- ABT Bream Qualifier, Gold Coast 2015 - 5th place.
- Gold Coast Easter Classic 2015 – 1st place.
- Gold Coast Easter Classic 2014 – 1st place.
- ABT Bream Grand Final, Bribie Island 2012 - 5th place.
- ABT Bream Qualifier, Bribie Island 2012 - 2nd place.
- ABT Bream Qualifier, Bribie Island 2010 (Non Boater) 1st place.
- ABT Bream Qualifier, Tweed River 2010 (Non Boater) 1st place.
- ABT Bream Angler Of The Year 2010 (Non Boater) 1st place.